Samsung Way of Employee Development
At Samsung, we believe that the development of our employees is a shared responsibility between the company and each employee, as shown below.
"Own the Learning Process"
"Provide Tools & Support"
- Establish clear career goals
- Conduct self-assessment of skill gaps
- Seek out and participate in both "self-directed" and "company-directed" learning activities to close gaps
- Discuss personal learning goals with your manager and/or mentor on a regular basis
- Review and evaluate progress on a regular basis
- Strive to improve learning skills
- Develop and manage "company-directed" learning programs (formal training)
- Implement programs to support "self-directed" learning activities (mentor program, tuition assistance, e-learning, etc.)
- Develop and publish career maps, openly communicate skill requirements necessary to advance career
- Implement internal mobility programs (divisional, regional and global)